Michigan Craft Beer Tour
Enjoy a beer-focused weekend in Beer City USA - Grand Rapids, MI.
Michigan Craft Beer Tour
Bring your tasting sense of adventure to this 3-day Craft Beer Experience to Grand Rapids and Holland, Michigan.
On our Michigan beer weekend we'll tour production facilities such as Founders Brewery, ranked as one of the world’s top breweries, along with other local favorites. In total we'll experience 4 unique breweries but you'll also have a chance explore your choice of a number of breweries independently just steps away from our hotel in downtown Grand Rapids, MI. The Canopy by Hilton Hotel, opened in 2020, has decor inspired and influenced by the local surroundings. The hotel’s mid-century-modern design nods to Grand Rapids' “furniture city” history and the upscale, intimate local biergarten-themed rooftop bar features fantastic views of the city.
Because Grand Rapids beer culture is more than just about what’s in your glass, you’ll sip in unique settings – from an early 1900's funeral chapel to a year-round beer garden where brewing herbs grow on a living wall. We'll also taste how breweries contribute to Grand Rapids’ ranking as a Top 25 Foodie City, from chef creations using brewing products. We'll even participate in an exclusive, hand on culinary class creating a 3-course meal using beer theme ingredients.
We'll finish our beer-venture bouncing along Michigan’s nationally acclaimed dunes in a dune schooner ride. Buckle up!
Michigan Craft Beer Tour
Bring your tasting sense of adventure to this 3-day Craft Beer Experience to Grand Rapids. Enjoy award-winning favorites, tour production lines, taste how breweries contribute to Grand Rapids Foodie City reputation, and bounce along Michigan’s nationally acclaimed dunes along the way. We will put the best right in front of you!
or call 1-888-426-1993
$1,250 per person- single
$995 per person- double
3 day weekend getaway
Friday August 13, 2021 - Sunday August 15, 2021
You will be asked to select your pick up location during the ticket purchase process.
The bus will pick up at the following locations:
7:00 AM Sheboygan, WI Park & Ride
7:45 AM Brown Deer, WI Park & Ride
8:00 AM Downtown Milwaukee, WI Amtrak Station
8:15 AM College Ave Park & Ride in Oak Creek, WI
9:15 AM Rosemont Park & Ride / Metra Station, Rosemont, IL
If desired, you may arrange to meet us directly in Grand Rapids, Michigan to begin this experience with us. Meet by Friday, August 13, 2021 by 2 pm at Founders Brewing Company (235 Grandville Ave SW, Grand Rapids, MI 49503).
The motorcoach returns on Sunday, August 15 2021
The bus will return at the following locations:
3:45 PM Rosemont Park & Ride / Metra Station, Rosemont, IL
4:45 PM College Ave Park & Ride in Oak Creek, WI
5:00 PM Downtown Milwaukee, WI Amtrak Station
5:15 AM Brown Deer, WI Park & Ride
6:00 PM Sheboygan, WI Park & Ride
Maximum Group Size: 30 guests
Motorcoach transportation to/from Grand Rapids and to group destinations during the weekend
Two nights of accommodations and baggage handling at a well-appointed hotel in downtown Grand Rapids
Travel Deliciously escort and private local guide known for their expertise
Admissions to production tours at Founders Brewery and Brewery Vivant
Beer tastings at (4) local craft breweries: Founders Brewery, New Holland Brewery, Brewery Vivant, and Saugatuck Brewing Co.
Admission for a hands-on Beer Cooking Experience with Local Epicurean Chef
Ticket for Saugatuck Sand Dune Schooner Ride
(2) breakfasts, (2) lunches, (1) dinner, and on-board bus snacks
Milwaukee Food & City Tours shopping tote for all of your trip treasures.
Driver, guide, and escort gratuities.
Friday's lunch is on your own at the Grand Rapids Downtown Market
Friday and Saturday dinners are on your own in downtown Grand Rapids.
Travel insurance is not included but recommended.
We are able to accommodate for food allergies. Please call 888-426-1993 x 3 with your specific requests or make note of during the online reservation process.See itinerary for more information
- We will arrive by motorcoach in Grand Rapids, MI in the early afternoon and stop at The Downtown Market. The Market is home to 20+ indoor vendors and 2 full service restaurants. The Market Hall hosts a culinary collective of butchers, bakers, fishmongers, and even a shop that makes alcohol-based ice cream floats. You will have time to wander, shop, and grab lunch on your own.
- After lunch, we’ll travel to Founders Brewery where we will welcome our very own local guide from Tours Around Michigan. We’ll tour Founders’ Grand Rapids brewing facility and learn the ins and outs of the brewing and packaging process and little bit of Founders history. Of course, there will be tastings, because everything is better when there’s beer.
- After the tour, we’ll check into our well-appointed hotel, the Canopy by Hilton Grand Rapids Downtown,. This brand-new hotel features decor inspired and influenced by the local surroundings. The hotel’s mid-century-modern design is a nod to Grand Rapid’s “furniture city” history and the upscale, local biergarten-themed rooftop bar features fantastic views of the city.
- After settling in your room, the group will travel to New Holland Brewing at The Knickerbocker for craft beer tastings and dinner. Save room for a special dessert made with their award-winning brew Dragon’s Milk Bourbon Barrel-Aged Stout. Fun fact- New Holland is also the largest distillery producer in Michigan, so the gift shop has lots of great options for souvenirs.
- After dinner, you can return to hotel by motorcoach. Or, stay in the vibrant neighborhood to explore other Bridge Street breweries at your own pace using the Beer City Brewsader App. You can return to the hotel with a 20-minute walk to hotel, use the free Dash West bus until 1am, or call an Uber.
- After breakfast at the hotel, we’ll start the day by welcoming our Tours Around Michigan guide who will lead us on a City History Tour to highlight hidden gems and the quirks that make Grand Rapids what it is today. This local guide will stay with us the rest of the day to share his expertise of the area’s best craft brewing operations.
- The next stop is Brewery Vivant where we will sip Belgian and French inspired beers in one of the coolest breweries ever, a 1915 funeral home chapel with ornate Belgian monastery architecture. Vivant has the distinction of being the first LEED certified production brewery in the nation. We’ll take a production tour to learn how this brewery’s award-winners were inspired by European methods.
- After Brewery Vivant, we will enjoy lunch at an exclusive Beer Cooking Experience developed for our group by Local Epicurean Chef. We will take part in a hands-on class to make our 3-course lunch with IPA infused ingredients and spent grain from a local brewery. Lunch items will be paired with a Michigan beer sample at each course.
- After lunch, we will return to the hotel where you can take advantage of the amenities. Or, you can head out on foot, free DASH bus, or Uber to explore the many craft beer establishments in the surrounding neighborhood at your own pace. There is no shortage of delicious places to try and they will be easy to find with the Brewsader App. You can use the app to locate nearby craft breweries and the check in features to verify the locations you’ve visited. Visit eight breweries and you’ve earned “Brewsader” status and a t-shirt to commemorate your adventures!
- After breakfast at the hotel, we’ll board our motorcoach and head for home, But before we wrap up our visit, we will stop for the exciting opportunity to travel the Saugatuck sand dunes. We’ll hop into our very own dune schooner and spend 40 minutes riding across the dunes enjoying beautiful views of Lake Michigan.
- After, we will have time for one final craft brewery experience at the Saugatuck Brewing Company complete with lunch, tastings, and the chance to shop for Saugatuck SWAG.
- We’ll depart for home and a 3:45 PM Chicago Rosemont arrival; 4:45 PM College Ave arrival; 5:00 PM Downtown Milwaukee arrival; 5:15 AM Brown Deer arrival; and 6:00 PM Sheboygan arrival
What Our Guests Are Saying
Do you have questions or concerns regarding an upcoming trip or tour? Fill out the information below and we will get back to you shortly!